The Proposed Project
- 284 +/- acres of land
- 185 total lots (177 "Market" Lots and 8 "Affordable" Lots)
- 204 total units (177 Market Units on 177 Lots and 27 "Affordable"* Units on 8 Lots)
- 0.96 Dwelling Units per Acre (Density, 204 Units divided by 213 Acres)
- Clustered design that restricts lot and right-of-way development to less than 99 acres of the site (less than one third of the total land area)
- 60%+ Proposed Public Open Space
- 68% +/- of the total site area restricted from development
- Phased Development allowing incremental improvements over an extended period of time
- Improved Emergency Circulation for the area will provide beneficial wild land fire protection
- Establishment of wildlife movement corridors within the project area
- Open space and wildlife enhancement programs
- Energy conservation and design techniques
Statistics: Proposed Vs. Zoning & Maximum Allowable
|Proposed Project||Zoned Allowable**||Maximum Allowable***|
|Open Space - Public (Acres)||175.2||61.7%||141.9||50%||141.9||50%|
|Open Space - Private (Acres)||16.8||5.9%|
|Developable Land (Acres)||91.8||141.9||50%||141.9||50%|
|Zoning & Density|
|Zoning||RS 1.0||RS 1.0||Plus Bonus|
|Density (Units per Acre)||0.96||1.15**||1.5|
|Single Family Lots||177||Variable||Variable|
|Affordable / Multi-Family Lots*||8||Variable||Variable|
|Single Family Units||177||213||277|
|Affordable Housing / MF Units||27||15%||32||15%||43||20%|
*Proposed Affordable Housing Per The Town of Truckee Codes and Requirements:
The project provides 27 Affordable Units (177 Market Units multiplied by 15%). These 27 Units in the residential form of triplexes and quadplexes meet the Town requirements. The Project is not proposing a “Density Bonus.” During the Tentative Map & EIR process we will review and explore alternatives to onsite multifamily/affordable housing, taking into consideration the lack of public transportation and commercial enterprises for job opportunities within the direct vicinity of the project.
**Zoned Allowable Units and Density Per the Town of Truckee Codes and Requirements:
Of the 213 Dwelling Units, the Town of Truckee requires that 15% be Affordable Housing. 213 x 15% = 32 Dwelling Units. The total units allowed is 213 + 32 = 245 Dwelling units. The density is 245 Units / 213 Acres = 1.15 Dwelling Units per Acre.
***”Maximum Allowable Units With Bonuses:” Explanation Includes State of CA Density Bonus Provisions.
Of the 213 Dwelling Units, the Town of Truckee requires that 15% be Affordable Housing. 213 x 15% = 32 Dwelling Units. For a Density Bonus, 20% of the original 213 Units must be designated as Affordable Housing. By meeting the above requirements, a 35% Density Bonus is allowed in addition to the Market Units. 213 x 35% = 75 Dwelling Units, thus providing for 320 Units total (213+32+75=320). Maximum Allowable Density: 1.5 Dwelling Units Per Acre (320 Units divided by 213 Acres). Information provided is per Town Zoning, Town of Truckee Development Code, Section 18.214.040 Inclusionary Housing Requirements, and the State of California Planning and Zoning Law, 65915.
The Canyon Springs property is located on the eastern edge of Truckee adjacent to the existing Glenshire neighborhood, approximately one mile south of Interstate 80, with access via the Hirschdale off-ramp and Glenshire Drive.